Registration for the Institute
Thank you for your interest in the Oregon Suzuki Institute. Enrollment in these highly sought after classes is limited and are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Please Note: These Registration Deadlines are subject to change
Postmarked by April 14, 2021
- Scholarship applications
- Advanced chamber music program application
Postmarked by April 21, 2021
- Teacher training audition recording submitted to SAA (“Recording pending” status would be used for teachers whose audition recording is sent after that date. Please see the brochure for details.)
Postmarked by May 2, 2021
- All registrations to avoid $50.00 late fee
- Introduction to chamber music applications
- Recital audition recordings
Received by June 2, 2021
- Any registrations for enrollment consideration if classes have not yet filled.
- Notice of cancellation or refund / no refunds will be possible after this date
Cancellation Policy - The required registration fee is non-refundable. Remaining fees, less 20%, are refundable for cancellations received prior to JUNE 2, 2021. Funds are transferable, but not refundable, after JUNE 2, 2021.
No Refunds after JUNE 2, 2021.
Financial Aid Scholarships
Financial Aid and Scholarship applications must be postmarked on or before April 14, 2021. This assistance is available for students who truly could not attend without it. Financial need is the top priority in awarding financial assistance. Ability will be the second consideration. To apply send: 1) the form below, 2) a letter stating your financial situation (be specific), 3) a CD, DVD or VHS of your best playing, 4) the registration form, 5) a letter of recommendation from your teacher, mailed directly to OSI, (PO Box 23–0666; Tigard, OR 97281–0666) and 6) the first page of your most current IRS form 1040 (social security number redacted). Late applications, or those without teacher recommendations, will be eliminated.
Thanks to the generous donations of faculty and families and T-shirts sales, some scholarships of $50 or more are available, based on need. To apply, the student must have studied for at least one academic year.
We are able to offer a few teacher scholarships in the amount of $100 or more. Applicants please send form and letter and proof of following requirements: 1) registration for a Teacher Workshop Course, 2) an active member of SAA, 3) an active studio of 10 or more students. 4) a letter stating need to the Scholarship Committee.